Symantec System Recovery 2013 integrated solution for backup and recovery of virtual and physical systems. Symantec System Recovery 2013 provides comprehensive protection of data on disk or tape , and ensures recovery of data and systems regardless of whether the data is located on a file server , Windows, desktop , virtual server or server-critical applications such as Exchange, SQL or SharePoint.
The main functions
• Quick and easy recovery of desktop and laptop computers with Windows, both local and foreign, including from scratch on a different hardware, virtual environments or remote locations .
• Backup to almost any disk drives , including USB, FireWire, NAS, SAN and Blu-ray.
• Unobtrusive automatic conversion of physical to virtual (P2V) and virtual to physical (V2P).
• Copy and protection of the entire system, including the OS , applications, all files , device drivers, and other things, by creating a single easy-to- manage recovery point with image-based technology .
• Schedule backup to run unattended , including backup upon the occurrence of certain events, without any negative impact on the user experience.
• Built-in AES software encryption of backups ensures the protection of business critical data .
• Significant reduction in downtime and elimination of interruptions , and reduce the efficiency of the employees.
• Replacing the long recovery process of desktop and laptop computers , operated manually , error-prone , for fast, reliable , automated recovery systems.
• Recover all the necessary information at the right time and right place, including individual files, folders, or system in a matter of minutes .
• Eliminating the need to use the backup to restore the redundant hardware and, as a consequence, the cost savings on hardware.
• Simplified procedures modernization and transfer of hardware.
• Centralized management of backup and recovery for multiple desktop and mobile systems within the organization ( via Symantec System Recovery Management Solution). To manage Symantec System Recovery , you can use user-friendly interface , with little or no user training requires.
What’s new in Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2:
Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 delivers superior backup and disaster recovery for Windows servers that enable businesses to recover from downtime or disasters in minutes. With patented Restore Anyware™ technology, IT administrators can rapidly restore exactly what they need, when and where they need it–including entire physical and virtual machines to bare metal or dissimilar hardware as well as files, folders, and granular application objects. Unlike other technologies, Symantec System Recovery also provides cross-platform Physical-to-Virtual (P2V) and Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V) recoveries, making it the perfect complement to physical and virtual environments.
• System Recovery Disk (SRD) Creator Wizard has been added.
• Support for Windows 8.1 Update1 and Windows 2012 R2 Update has been added.
• REFS incremental support has a been added.
• Improved support for RDX && USB media rotation.
• 4K Disk support for backup and recovery.
• Support for Exchange 2013 with Granular Restore Option (GRO) capabilities.
• Support for SharePoint 2013 without GRO capabilities.
• Support for VHDX in P2V operations.
• Support for VMWare ESXi 5.5 && XenServer 6.2 SP1 has been added.
• PCAnywhere support has been removed.