Delayed Lock FULL v3.8.6
Requirements: Varies with device
Overview: Delayed Lock is a solution to this problem: After unlocking your device, it will turn the secure lock screen off for a user defined amount of time or while you’re connected to a certain WiFi network or Bluetooth device, just as the “personal unlocking” feature from the upcoming Android version!
This is a 7 days trial version! License can be bought through an in-app purchase (1.99 EUR / 2.99 USD).
Not using any pattern-, PIN- or password lock is a huge security problem, but reentering your PIN code a hundred times a day to unlock your lockscreen can also be annoying.
Delayed Lock is a solution to this problem: After unlocking your device, it will turn the secure lock screen off for a user defined amount of time or while you’re connected to a certain WiFi network or Bluetooth device – just as the “personal unlocking” feature from the latest Android versions! You can turn your phone off and on as often as you want without entering your password/PIN/pattern again. After the defined delay time, it will automatically reactivate your lockscreen, so no stranger can unlock your device and access your private data.
Additionally, there is also an optional notification in the Android status bar and a widget to immediately reenable the lock screen, and free plugins to automatically keep the device unlocked while at certain locations or to control the lockscreen through the Tasker app.
• Delayes the requirement to enter pattern/PIN/password again after succesfully unlocked once
• No lockscreen while connected to certain WiFi network or Bluetooth devices
• Time delay since “Screen off” or since “Last unlock”
• Quickly re-enable the lock through the Android notification bar or a widget
• Widgets & Shortcuts: Toggle Lock, Screen off, Screen off & Lock, Enable / Disable DelayedLock
• Free plugins: Disable lockscreen while at certain locations or use the Tasker app to control the lockscreen
• automatically wipe the device after several failed unlocks
• Android Wear integration
• Does not work on Android 4.x if your Exchange policy requires a PIN, if you setup a VPN in the Android settings or if you have installed any custom certificates (might work if your device is rooted though)
• Pattern lock & FaceUnlock require root on Android 4.x
• Does not work on all devices, see section Device incompatibility
• Requires root on Android 4.x if full device encryption is enabled – might still not work with Samsung devices
• Please use the “Uninstall” option from within the app to uninstall it
• Some HTC devices: Pattern lock might not work
• Samsung devices with Android 4.4: User reported that after 3 days, the device does not accept the PIN/password any more. That seems to be an issue in the Samsung ROM, please update your system if possible
• Might not work on some Samsung devices running Android 5.0.x
• Sony devices: Disable Stamina or at least whitelist the app there
I do not guarantee that your device’s data is unaccessible and will not be responsible for any damage you or your company may get because of an unlocked device. Please check if the usage of the app is compatible with the security policy of your company.
ACCESS_SUPERUSER – for pattern lock on Android 4.0+
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, ACCESS_WIFI_STATE & CHANGE_WIFI_STATE – to unlock when on WiFi networks
BLUETOOTH & BLUETOOTH_ADMIN – to unlock when connected to Bluetooth devices
DISABLE_KEYGUARD – fallback method to disable the lockscreen
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE & WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE – for custom widget icons
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED – to lock after boot
VIBRATE – for the “vibrate when locking” feature
WAKE_LOCK – for the “Wake to lock” feature
WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS – toggle pattern lock & usb debugging on some Android versions
WRITE_SETTINGS – necessary for “screen off” widget in some scenarios
3.8.6: – fixed issue with “disable Bluetooth when no device connected” and Android Wear connections
– “deactivate PIN/Password” method seems to work again on Samsung devices running Android 5.0
– fix: notification could not be disabled on Android 5.1 even when not using the “hide lockscreen” option
– fixed possible issue with Android Wear 5.1
– fixed issues with time delay
– fixed issues on some Android 5.x devices
– fixed issues with expiermental lock methodPremium features unlocked