Acronis True Image 2016
Acronis True Image is mainly known for its backup and restore capabilities. However, its feature list goes well beyond this, as it can be used to create drive and disk images and restore them when you need a clean system.
Restoration of the data can be done even if Windows becomes unbootable, because the suite allows you to create a bootable rescue media (CD/DVD or USB storage device).
Furthermore, the Startup and Recovery Manager is capable to start Acronis before loading the operating system, by overwriting the master boot record and making available the option to boot straight into the program.
Perform any unsafe operation in the Try mode
Try & Decide feature extends the functionality of the package, allowing you to make changes to the system and discard them at system restart if they’re affecting the system negatively. However, it also offers the possibility to apply all modifications.
Mount virtual drives
All backup files created with Acronis True Image can be mounted as virtual drives. This way you can check the contents and even copy data without having to restore the entire copy.
Different backup modes and advanced settings
The suite includes all regular forms of backup (full, incremental and differential) for helping you save data on your computer or Acronis Cloud and carry out sync operations across all your devices.
What’s more, you are allowed to split, validate and encrypt backups, create an exact copy of your whole partition, insert comments, shut down the computer at the end of the task, run a backup as a different Windows user, adjust the compression level, send email notifications, and create exclusion lists.
Security and privacy tools
Apart from the solid backup features it offers, Acronis puts at your disposal a suite of instruments designed to help you keep the disks clean of unnecessary data. As such, System Clean-up utility can search for Windows activity traces (temporary files and history lists) and eliminate them.
Moreover, the bundle incorporates the possibility to sanitize hard disk space by running a set of overwrite routines that prevent recovery of any deleted items. Secure deletion is also on the list, Acronis offering an ample pack of efficient destruction algorithms (Peter Gutmann, Bruce Schneier, Russian and German standards, etc.).
Protection utilities, backup settings and conversion
Users running Windows 7 Ultimate or Enterprise can combine Acronis’ conversion capabilities with Boot Sequence Manager utility to turn system backup copies into VHD images and boot from them. Plus, you may design a secure partition for storing backups on your disk.
The tool lets you import/export backup settings from/to ZIP files and convert an Acronis backup to a Windows one or vice versa.
A top backup and recovery software product on the market
All in all, Acronis True Image proves to be one of the best software solutions that you can rely on when it comes to backup and recovery options. It provides a user-friendly interface and a powerful feature pack for helping you save data locally or online.
• Mobile apps. Your files are available from all your favorite devices, from smartphones to tablets and PCs
• Disk Imaging. Restore – not just the files, but the exact configuration of your computer including your operating system, settings, and applications
• Nonstop backup. Ongoing changes are recorded as you work, so you can revisit any file, folder or your entire system as it was at any point in time
• Incremental backups: Changes are captured since the last backup. That saves time and disk space
• Try&Decide: You decide if you want to keep the changes made to your system by potentially dangerous software or websites
• Secure Zone: Store a disk backup on your system drive. Recover wherever you are, even if your operating system has failed
• Set and Forget: You choose when and how frequently True Image does backups – even when you aren’t using your computer
• Background operation: True Image works in the background and doesn’t affect the running processes
• 2TB+ drives: Protect over 2 terrabytes of files, programs, and other content
• Network backup: Your NAS device is detected automatically, so you can backup multiple network PCs to a secure storage site
• View before restore: Get a clear preview of what your system looked like during each backup and choose what to restore
• Media versatility: Use any storage devices -DVDs, USB keys, external hard drives, GPT drives, and even cloud storage
• Privacy: True Image is armed with robust government-grade AES-256 encryption to keep your data secure
New in version 2016 19.0 Build 6027
Multiple improvements in data archiving:
• Support of files larger than 4 GB
• Support for archives with more than 100,000 files
• Custom selection of the Acronis Cloud data centers
• Improved user experience
• Issue fixes
Improved usability of the backup list:
• The backups created on the current computer are now separated from the ones created on other computers. Additionally, you can now manually change the list width.
Multiple improvements in both backup and archiving progress behavior:
• Indication of the data upload speed for online backups.
• Improved status indication of different backup stages.
• Estimated time is shown for the archiving progress.
• Multiple issues while signing in to an Acronis account.
• Occasional issues with performance of the user interface.
• A newly created backup is not in focus.
• The default file sync disappears after the application update.
• The error “Unable to create a database” appears on the application start.
• The error “LoadLibrary failed with error 1114…” appears on Windows 10.
• The backed up devices do not appear on Online Dashboard.
• Processor Pentium 1 GHz
• 1 GB RAM
• 1.5 GB of free space on a hard disk
• CD-RW/DVD-RW drive or USB flash drive for bootable media creation
• Screen resolution is 1152 x 720
• Mouse or other pointing device (recommended)
OS: Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 10 (32/64-bit)